Terms & Conditions- Tracy Hutchings Therapy
It’s important, for us to work together, that we both agree to the following.
- Appointments are 50 minutes long, unless we agree otherwise.
- I will come down and meet you in the reception area, shortly before your appointment time.
- If you are late, then, if possible, I will offer you the full session, however this will not always be, due to other appointments, however, you will be expected to pay for your session slot.
- If you have informed me you will be late, then I will wait for the duration of the appointment. When you arrive please contact me via my mobile. I will wait in the reception area for 15 minutes, before returning to my office.
- If you have not arrived for your appointment time, if I have not heard from you, then I will wait for 15 minutes before assuming you are not coming.
- I will abide by the new GDPR laws (please see the ‘Data Protection’ statement below).
- I will protect your data as stated in the following section.
- I have the right to break confidentiality in exceptional circumstances.
- If I am unable to make a session, I will inform you as soon as I’m aware.
- If you are unable to make a session, you will need to give me 48 hours notice or you will be required to pay the fee.
- If we are able to rearrange a late cancellation for a mutually convenient time, then I will not charge the late cancellation fee.
- I will, however, waive or reduce the fee in exceptional circumstances, as my discretion.
- I accept cash, cheque and card payments.
- Payment needs to be made within the session.
- If you pay a reduced fee, then this will be reviewed regularly to make sure that this is still something you need. If your circumstances change, then your fee may need to adjust to reflect this.
Adverse Weather Conditions
- If you and/or I are unable to make a session (such as if the Orwell Bridge is closed or snow), then I will, wherever possible, offer an online session so that we can still keep the appointment. If I’m not able, then there will be no fee. If I am able, but you choose not to have an online session, then you will need to pay the fee.
- If you have not had an appointment booked and I do not hear from you for a period of four weeks, at any given point, then I will assume you no longer wish to have therapy with me at this time. You are, however, welcome to come back at a later date, if you wish.
Data Protection (GDPR)
In May 2018, new legislation is being enforced around Data Protection. As part of that, I have to advise you of the following;
Data I hold:
- All data is secured in a locked filing cabinet.
- I hold data from you, given when you completed the initial consultation form. This is stored under your name.
- I keep copies of brief client notes of and written interaction from in between sessions. This is stored under a code and kept separate from any personal information you have given me.
- Data I hold will not be shared. Exceptions to this would be;
- Sharing it with your consent, by writing to your GP, such as, regarding treatment.
- Safeguarding concerns- where I have a legal obligation to inform relevant bodies (such as social services).
- Where I believe there is a significant risk to yourself or another- where I would have to inform relevant bodies (such as GP, or Police).
- My insurance company has currently suggested that an appropriate length of time to keep client notes is seven years. At that point of seven years, your notes will be destroyed.
- Notes that are stored after our work ends are in paper form.
- No notes or data are stored on my digitally after this time.
- If you wish for your data to be destroyed prior to the seven years, please request this. I shall then contact my insurance company to discuss your request.
- Should you request access to your records, I shall respond within 28 days.
- I use other companies for some aspects of my business. Other companies I use are;
Please also note, that you have the right to complain to ICO if you have any concerns about the way I am handling your personal information.
This section will be updated, as appropriate, as it becomes clearer what is needed or required of businesses as a result of GDPR.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights regarding receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Please be aware of using social media platforms, and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. Please do be aware that if you are a current or prospective client, that I cannot be responsible for protecting your confidentiality if you choose to comment on or share something.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Terms & Conditions
Tracy Hutchings Therapy, Ipswich,Suffolk