Do you recognise any of those? Are they how you want to be and feel?
BrainWorking Recursive Therapy® can work deeply and effectively with how we see ourselves and who we identify ourselves as. Take a minute and, if you don’t like who you identify as, think about who you want to be and how you want to be.
How many sessions of BWRT identity work will I need?
This kind of therapy is generally a four-stage therapy, with the first session when we start this work, being a double session to allow for the foundation of the work to be put in place. There will also be work to complete at home in between some of the sessions (which is around 5 minutes, 2-3 times a day). The reason that you’re asked to do work at home, is that it keeps your brain open and working and therefore you stay more connected with the therapy and the process.
Additionally, before starting this way of working, it may be likely to work with any emotions that are causing problems, using the General Psychopathology way of working.
What areas does this work with?
BWRT Identity work allows me to work with all those areas I mentioned up there, as well as other ‘I am’s. I also work with the following conditions too:
- Binge Drinking (and other binging behaviours)
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, EDNOS, Compulsive Over Eating, Binge Eating Disorder)
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Sexual Addiction and/or Obsession
- Substance Abuse (recreational drugs, as well as over the counter medication)
- Victim of bullying (be it in a relationship, workplace or school and includes historical or present day)
As you can see, BWRT identity work can reach and touch and bring positive impact and change to a wide variety of people, struggling with a wide variety of things. If you connect with this and feel this is something you want to work on and you see areas you want to change, then please feel free to contact me.